TIPS FOR JOBSEEKER
1. Arrive 10-15 minutes early.
2. Use time wisely to review employer research information.
3. Have pen and paper. Asking to borrow a pen indicates lack of preparation.
4. Be enthusiastic. Recruiters remember a positive attitude.
5. Listen carefully to the interviewer’s complete question before responding.
6. If needed, pause and take time before answering difficult questions.
7. Keep going even if you feel you made a mistake.
8. Carry extra resumes, references, etc. organized in a portfolio
9. Unless asked, do not discuss salary and benefits.
Things to say during the interview
1. Introduce yourself with a smile and firm handshake.
2. Maintain good eye contact during conversation.
3. Demonstrate to the recruiter what you want to and can do for the employer today, based on employer research. Give two minute commercial.
4. Answer questions with: ” Yes, for example (accomplishment/result statement)” and ” No, however (accomplishment/result statement)“
5. Show interest in what the interviewer is saying, by nodding your head and leaning toward him/her occasionally.
6. Give positive answers to negative-based questions.
7. Ask the recruiter prepared questions.
8. Initiate the next step by asking what the next step is.
9. Ask for the recruiter’s business card for future contact. Immediately after you leave make notes of important points of discussion.
Entry filed under: Tips and Triks. Tags: .